The JPS E-Slam is a digital slam that hopes to bring together poets from different parts of the nation using the platform ‘Instagram’ as a stage. It is a Jos Poetry Slam (JPS) team initiative. All poets are eligible to enter for the competition whether or not the poets have participated in previous slam Competitions organised by the Jos Poetry Slam team.
HOW TO APPLY
- Write a poem on any theme and record a video (1 minute).
- Follow @jospoetryslam on instagram
- Upload your video and tag us ( @jospoetryslam)
- We would then repost your video to our page where voting will take place.
- Poems can be on any subject and in any style.
- Each poem must be an original piece written and performed by the POET/ARTIST.
- No props.
- No costumes.
- Performances are timed and should not exceed 1 minute.
- No musical instruments or pre-recorded music.
- Each poem will only be used once during the competition.
- Poets prepare three (3) poems in case they move to the second and final rounds.
- Contestants who proceed from the first to the second round will be chosen by the number of likes their post receives but with fairness as one of our core values each judge has the right to pull through one exceptional candidate who failed to meet the ‘likes’ requirement. Why? Creativity is more than a popularity contest.
- Only the first round will be dependent on ‘likes’. The second and final round would be entirely dependent on our panel of judges who will select the overall winner of the competition.
You can send your videos from the 5th of July to the 15th of July 2017. The winner will be announced on the 24th of July.
The winner will receive #20000.
- Entry is free.
- If the poem you share is plagiarized and/or is offensive, among other things, we reserve the right to not publish it.