The last time
was the last time
The additions were few,
Subtractions were more
They said love is not enough
But we know
Love would have been more than enough.
You brought a coffin
Where our memorials you will nail
To bury in a graveyard
Where year after year a wreath you will lay
That we may not rest in peace
Married by the files
But your heart buried deep in that grave
Where our memorials you have kept.
This love you said is forever
It is enough.
From Streams. Bose Ayeni-Tsevende lectures in the department of Theatre Arts, University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
- L❤️ve Poem (brandibaby132000.wordpress.com)
- A poem about poems (recoveringthroughtales.wordpress.com)
- A New Year’s Poem (danielottojackpetersen.wordpress.com)
- a hate poem, or, this will be the last poem i write about you, or, honesty topped with a lie (involuntaryoverdose.wordpress.com)
- NEW YEAR (Poem) (sassoon18.wordpress.com)
- Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav – 5/5 (midnightwanderers.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to 2014 : the Year of Double Double! (purelybooks.blogspot.com)