Okay, now how many of you have watched a Quentin Tarantino movie? Of course, yes, you… or even if you haven’t, here’s a chance to have a critical work of yours published.
a creative group committed to
The works should
create imaginative links between Tarantino’s films and those of other directors – music or visual art.
examine how he treats whiteness and blackness
map Tarantino influences
look at his identity as Hollywood “other”
present fresh readings of his plots or characters
We’ll be leaning towards egocentric narratives that go deep. We’re also interested in English translations from writers outside the
United States. Word count appx. 1500 – 4000
The submissions deadline is 30 April 2013
Editor: Jennifer Jazz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contributors will retain all rights. Queries are also welcome at email@example.com
The anthology will be a small paperback run that’s guerilla marketed. We can’t offer advances. Writers selected, however, will receive two complimentary copies and a chance to edit the next Destructive Praise anthology.
So, what are you waiting for? You haven’t watched any of his movie or forgotten it? You wish to write later? Do so write NOW.
- Denzel Washington’s daughter working for Quentin Tarantino (hollywood.com)
- Quentin Tarantino and the “Exploitation” of Blaxploitation (filmophilia.com)
- John Jarratt: ‘Quentin Tarantino Owed Me A Role In Django Unchained’ (contactmusic.com)
- Quentin Tarantino on Leaving the Film Business Because of Digital Technology (video) (alexandrosmaragos.com)
- Quentin Tarantino not ‘wasting time’ over Spike Lee (telegraph.co.uk)
- Nas Defends “Django Unchained,” Calls Quentin Tarantino “One Of The Greatest Filmmakers” (biglonpromo.com)
- Quentin Tarantino’s STAR WARS EPISODE VII Movie Poster (geektyrant.com)
- MMA Fighters as Characters in Quentin Tarantino Films (bleacherreport.com)
- A Quentin Tarantino Spotify Playlist (everyrecordtellsastory.com)
- Product placement highlights – Royale with Cheese (brandsandfilms.com)