Straining at the Seams: Poems for Nigeria at 100 Edited by Kabura Zakama
Kairos Productions is pleased to invite submissions from poets for publication in an anthology titled Straining at the Seams: Poems for Nigeria at 100. The anthology, intended to discuss the life and times of Nigeria since the merger of the Northern and Southern Protectorates in 1914, will be published in the third quarter of 2013. This will contribute to the celebration of the centenary existence of Nigeria.
There is no restriction as to form or length of the poems to submit but each poem should address the challenges, achievements and hopes of the 100-year-old Nigeria. Authors can submit a maximum of 3 poems for consideration. You may submit unpublished or published poems. In the case of published poems, you will be required to certify that you own the copyright. Authors retain the copyrights to all their works.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please send an email to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Straining at the Seams as the subject line. Please send all submissions as an attachment in one MS Word document. Your submission should also include the following:
ii. Email address
iii. Mailing address
iv. Mobile phone number
v. A short bio of not more than 80 words
Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
Submissions are open until 31 March 2013 and final decisions made by 30 April 2013.
No submission fees are required and no royalties will be paid to authors. Every author whose poems are published in the anthology will receive 2 complimentary copies of the book and can purchase additional copies at 30% discount.
Editor: Kabura Zakama
Editorial Consultant: Toyin Adewale-Gabriel
Publisher: Kairos Productions
Find Dr. Kabura Zakama at http://kaburazakama.com/
Check Toyin Adewale-Gabriel on Wikipedia – Toyin Adewale-Gabriel.
Now, that’s for clarity on who they are. You think you are up for the challenge? Get those poems sent right away!
PS: NOTE that it is poems ABOUT Nigeria and can be written by anyone… #justsaying 🙂
- Pangaea Poetry Prize Submission Period Now Open ” the poet’s billow (anexerciseindiscipline.com)
- Pretzels&BullFights ~ Open call for Poetry Submissions, a dVerse Anthology (dversepoets.com)
- Call for Submissions: 2013 Poem Project (thatklickitat.wordpress.com)
- Self-Published Grandma Poet Is Dead At Age 101 (selfpubadvocate.wordpress.com)
- One of Japan’s oldest poets died at 101 (tokyotimes.com)
- Poems find a home at Veterans Memorial Park (napavalleyregister.com)
- Fresh Nigerian Griots (interview 1): Hyginus Ekwuazi (sueddie.wordpress.com)
- Tales in Memories, the Lyrics of Thoughts: in Lieu of an Exploration of Hyginus Ekwuazi’s That Other Country (sueddie.wordpress.com)
- [Nonfiction Monday] Write a Poem Step by Step and Happy News! (laurasalas.wordpress.com)